Wednesday 7 July 2010


The beef brisket, surrounded by steaming wanton noodles in a bowl, is the face of Hong Kong’s staple meal. It personifies Hongkong’s day-to-day, fast-paced lifestyle. My favorite is that usually cramped little noodle store in Hong Hum. The aroma of slow-fired soup, ready to further mollify the chewy beef and noodles, is just so alluring and irresistible. There’s no need for any verbal interchange as the man on the counter, who doubles as the main ‘chef’ may not speak English. Like my simple digi-cam, it’s a “point-and-shoot” thing when ordering my favorite mouth-watering beef brisket. I point my order in a brochure, and they’ll shoot-it-to-the-bowl. I tweak with my chopstick, tangle with the noodles, pay the bill, and off I go. The beef brisket---its always one of my finest Hong kong experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment